Do you want to join a team of professionals creating the next big mobile hit? Do you want to work for a small startup and take part in crafting its future? If so, then Boomlagoon is the place for you!
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Boomlagoon is a mobile gaming company focused on making character-driven free-to-play games. Boomlagoon is backed by London Venture Partners, Northzone, Inventure, 360 Capital Partner and Jari Ovaskainen, and comprises games industry veterans from companies including Rovio, Digital Chocolate, Housemarque and Recoil.
We are looking for a seasoned free-to-play game designer to join our team.You’re probably the person we’re looking for if you come up with unique and market-disrupting game concepts during breakfast, lunch and dinner and are able to take concepts and turn them into successful free-to-play games.
We expect you to:
- Have at least 3 years of experience as a game designer.
- Have a passion for mid-core games and are capable of designing deep player experiences with sustainable business models.
- Understand the mobile games market, the trends, the mechanics and how the top grossing games work.
- Understand and love the mobile platform.
- Have a superb understanding of the Free-to-Play model.
- Live and breathe retention, engagement, monetization and social mechanics.
- Have experience designing free-to-play economies.
- Understand the power of excel as a design tool and know how to use it.
- Think outside the box.
- Be very uncomfortable with mediocrity.
Unity experience and artistic skills are a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, as well as stimulating work and skilled teammates. Interested? Apply by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a CV, and if you have a portfolio you can link to we'd really appreciate it.